Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tablecloths, really!?!?


I can't believe it. I am not a designer and I knew that tablecloths were a bad choice. We are talking Project Runway - by the way. I sat on my couch for 45 minutes shaking my head in disbelief. I know you were too!
My humble opinion - all the tablecloth people, and the garbage bag lady should have been sent home on basic principle. Come on she dresses Deborah Harry and doesn't realize that Debbie wore garbage bags - what, 30 years ago.
And the guy who lost - his comment earlier to Tim that there wasn't enough inspiration at the market...come on. They should just let Tim put some of these folks out of their misery and surprise auf them in the workroom. Now there is an idea! Bravo are you listening?
Now the winner (here above) was remarkable. Thumbtacks for belt studs, hook and eye made from the spine of a spiral notebook, lace made from coffee filters burned to replicate a lace effect, and vacuum cleaner bags painted and bleached. That's creativity, and the escapism that I expect from this show.
I had high hopes at the start of tonite's episode - a lot of interesting, seemingly talented folk. Hope that they redeem themselves.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh my. I must have been hiding under a rock because I wasn't aware the new season had started. I'm addicted to this show. Number one because I sew - using patterns of course and altering as I see fit. I would actually like to see more workroom action.

We stayed in a hotel in North Miami last year. It was the site of a big convention/party of a large group of Nigerians. When you mentioned tablecloths I immediately thought of the Nigerians because the men's dress outfits look like they're made from intricately embroidered tablecloths. The women's headpieces are UNBELIEVABLE creations in fabric. Google and see if you can find an example of the tablecloth outfit.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

Unknown said...

Yea I was a little sad there wasn't another corn-husk type dress, but the paper dying/bleaching was BRILLIANT! So glad my PR is back!