Friday, May 9, 2008

The New Face of Chanel

















One of my all time favorite movies is Amelie which if you have never seen, you must. It is a masterpiece and so very beautiful! I adore the talented, impish Audrey Tatou as much as I do the original Audrey, Hepburn. I consider her a true gamine and am thrilled to announce that Chanel has had the good sense to have chosen Tatou as their newest face.

Just as exciting is that her 2009 commercial will be directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet. This is the third collaboration for Jeunet and Tatou; they worked together in the films Amélie and A Very Long Engagement. I had also heard that Anne Fontaine had chosen Tatou to plan the young Mademoiselle in a a project which was supposed to begin filming this year. I haven't heard anything else on this - if you have please let me know!

10 comments:

/// said...

OH HOW FUN--- I LOVE THIS FILM! :)

TIG said...

Definitely one of my all-time favourite films as well. She'll be perfect as the new face of Chanel.

Blogging Masterclass said...

extremely exciting!

Blogging Masterclass said...

Oh I forgot to mention that I just did some research and found out that the movie is called Coco avant Chanel, it's a biography of the life of Coco Chanel -- it's currently being filmed. So this makes total sense now!

Unknown said...

yay Audrey Tatou! She is so adorable, plus i LOVED Amelie!
xo alison

vosgesparis said...

Amelie is so adorable ;)

Mélanie said...

I love this movie but I'm not a fan of her ..But I think she will look great as the new Chanel icon

Marie-G said...

Bonjour! Here name is Audrey Tautou.
Sorry because I make many mistakes in english: I'm french.The film Coco avant Chanel show just a part of life of Coco Chanel. Coco Chanel was a freedom and great Lady .Audrey Tautou is a good actrice (Da Vinci Code...)
Au revoir! Thank you for your interest to french culture.

Marie-G said...

Bonjour! please, his name is audrey tautou. Sorry I'm french and I made many mistakes in english.
Au revoir! and thank you for loving the french culture!

Marie-G said...

Bonjour! please, his name is audrey tautou. Sorry I'm french and I made many mistakes in english.
Au revoir! and thank you for loving the french culture!