Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Why am I always the Last to Know?


I just adore my husband, I really do. But...we have a handshake agreement that if I ever have the opportunity to run off with George, he will step aside graciously. Now the likelihood of running into George in Charlotte is slim to middling. He was in Salisbury, NC about 40 minutes away from where I live, last year for a few days filming the movie "Leatherheads". And I of course was out of town on business. I didn't give it a second thought.
SO turns out George came back into town yesterday to promote the movie at a local theatre about twenty minutes from my house. Made a surprise appearance. He also did a whistlestop train tour in Salisbury yesterday - AND NO ONE TOLD ME? I heard about it this morning way after the fact.
George if you are reading this and find yourself in town again - CALL ME!

4 comments:

suzi finer said...

shit man, I think you deserve a free ticket to wherever he is going next, compliments of the hubby! cheese! these ops sure don't come along every day (and he is just so deeeevine!)
love.

Suzanne said...

That's terrible. Such an opportunity lost. George is way up there on my list of adorable men. He's a little bit of a smart a$$ and he doesn't take himself seriously, which is unusual in his business.

A nearby town was used in the shooting of the movie "Road to Perdition" and I'd got over there on my lunch hour with binoculars to look at Tom Hanks and Jude Law. Tom was funny and friendly, always making sure to acknowledge the gawkers. Jude Law was very good looking.

I agree you deserve a ticket to wherever he's appearing next.

Lisa & Alfie said...

Stand in line girls! He is probably the only man on earth that our beloved men will step aside for,with a grin and a handshake to boot . Pure charm and sex appeal.
Lisa & Alfie

TIG said...

Oh, so close! Here's hoping for better luck next time :)