Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Literary Game on this Valentine's



I just found my rightful home amongst other Divas and so proudly join their ranks on the website IAMADIVA.COM Not even twenty four hours as a member of this posse and already I am being put to the test. A Book Meme from Suzi Finer of I am A Diva.Com fame. Yes I have been tagged again. Hope I don't disappoint.

The rules: Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more

Find Page 123 (don't cheat!!)
Find the first 5 sentences
Post the next 3 sentences
Tag 5 people

Now I get to "tag" five unsuspecting folk, who hopefully will play along in this literary game. I chose the authoress of my quote herself
and last but never least It's A Crafty Sweet Life
I chose the book Best of the South; an anthology of stories of the South as selected and introduced by one of my favorite authors Anne Tyler. A short story from 1999 by Heather Sellers entitled Fla. Boys

Quote
They had so much stuff on them. Dirt and writing and clots of cement. I felt like a building in progress.
unquote

That's a real cliff hanger if ever I saw one - haven't read the story myself so no idea where it's headed.

PS - Fear not dear friends for I am not lonely. My Valentine of 12 years and I await the pizza delivery man with anticipation of a cozy nite by the fire. Have the happiest of Valentines. Thank you for all the love and support you offer my little labor of love.
PSS- The photo blatantly borrowed from Jeanne De Arc Living No bouquets can ever be more gorgeous to me as those I saw in Denmark.

2 comments:

/// said...

Oooh that's a fun one! :)

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Glad you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!
xo Lidy

ps. Bouquet is to die for.