Thursday, January 24, 2008

Chanel Saved Me, Again


Posting a blog is an interesting adventure. Although I am not a "writer" I do experience writer's block, searching for something compelling enough to put fingers to keys. Well the about picture from the recent 2008 Chanel Haute Couture show in Paris ended my dry spell. What can I say, I am, as the English put it, gobsmacked. Just when one things "ah, maybe there is nothing new to say" along comes inspiration of epic proportions.
You are viewing from under the dome glass ceilings of Le Grand Palais this giant sculpture of the iconic jacket by Mademoiselle herself. You can get an idea of the proportions if you keep in mind a model is close to six feet tall. And here they seem to be the size of ants, divine!
This is a sandcastle for crying out loud! That must have been some brainstorming session where this idea was hatched. Oh, to be a fly on the wall! What creativity, what vision. How much time and effort to create something so lovely and fleeting? Afterall a fashion show is only perhaps 20 minutes.
In my errant youth before I discovered Chanel, my style was more evocative of Adam Ant. And then Chanel saved me. I adore those double C's and all that they inspire: to dream of beauty, of style, of a life chic.

2 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

wow...how gorgeous is THAT!!! Wish we could go, and have enough cash to buy a real Chanel, too.:)
xo Lidy

Gypsy at Heart said...

Quite agree with Frenchgardenhouse.