Sunday, December 2, 2007

Memories of Christmas Past





When I was a little girl growing up in New York my father made sure that Christmas was a magical time for me. He had been an orphan and I think that that's why this meant all the more to him.

Anyway there's a proliferation of Santas in New York City, on street corners, in stores and in every shape and size. So if there is supposed to be only one Santa why I asked as a sophisticated 6 year old was I seeing them all over the place. My dad said it was becuase we had been chasing him and proceeded to take be running through Manattan on foot, subway and taxi to find Santa wherever he thought he could hide from us. This became our tradition and even years later when I found out the secret I pretended not to know just so Daddy and I could go on our Santa search.
One of the things I miss most about New York this time of year is the store windows. Bergdorf Goodman always puts on a magnificient display. This year's looks to be truly spectacular based on the earth's elements.

No comments: