Monday, October 15, 2007

Citizens of the World










So we've opened a tiny little boutique in Charlotte NC. And we keep asking ourselves does the world need another boutique and we have answered ourselves that the world might not, but we do.

We had the privilege to live in Copenhagen for four years. One of the things that I loved to do the most while there was wander from shop to shop, each boutique having a style as unique as it's owner. Each item is treated with such reverence. And that's who we are - citizens of the world who appreciate good quality and wit that can be conveyed in an item. We subscribe to the old adage never possess anything that you do not truly believe to be beautiful. I am paraphrasing here but I know you know what I mean.

I want to create that kind of atmosphere of wonder for my customers, who I also hope will become my friends.

Some have said that the Danes do French style better than the French. I don't know that I agree but all the same it's lovely.

No comments: